For some reason, putting a smilie face in the title feels weird. Given that I have an extensive vocabulary of smilies that I use in everyday conversation via text, twitter, and facebook--including a few that I've made up myself (I know, my talent is astounding)--I'm not really sure what the issue is. Perhaps maybe my marathon weekend of homework made me more fried than I thought.
Anyway, here's my wrap up of this week. Enjoy!
Cheers
1) Cheers to First Presbyterian Church's new contemporary service. It is the perfect combination of old and new: plenty of my favorite contemporary Christian music with the same traditions that I grew up with at home. Southside will always be my home church, but I love having a place that really feels like a home base here at school. If you're looking for a new service, feel free to check it out!
2) Cheers to studying in large groups. Any college student will tell you that they get much less done when they study in a library, but college students+computers+the desire to be anywhere else=more funny moments than should really be allowed in a place of higher learning. I have yet to be disappointed if I'm looking for a laugh, but I have to remember to steer clear if I have real work to do. You gotta love a fool-proof, absolutely free way to get a laugh, though, right?
3) Cheers to my new pink keyboard cover. Not only does it give me a nearly monochromatic set of school supplies, but it's earned me more admiring looks, compliments, and conversations in the last week than any single piece of clothing I've ever purchased. Not to shabby for a $10 piece of rubber.
4)Cheers to Georgia Tech, the Braves, and Arkansas for winning and UGA for losing. What a fabulous weekend in sports.
5) Cheers to three day weekends. You are very loved, despite the fact that you occur so rarely. Feel free to visit again soon! I can assure you you'd make lots of friends.
Jeers
1) Jeers for it being "that time of the semester" when professors begin to pile on work indiscriminately. Yours truly has had a grand total of one hour off today, despite the fact that I read all night on Friday and did homework all day yesterday. This is one part of college I will not miss once I've graduated.
2) Jeers to Georgia weather for swinging approximately 40 degrees every day. It's never fun to have to be freezing and then sweating and back to freezing again...my thermostat just can't keep up!
3)Jeers to lofted beds for requiring gymnastic ability to make. Seriously, I feel like I'm seven-years-old and learning how to do a cartwheel again. A note to my neighbors: if i don't come out of my room for awhile, you might want to come check on me...my bed might finally have won the war.
4) Jeersto life for becoming so crazy that I often forget to remember how blessed I really am. It is such a relief to know that there are people in the world who somehow remember to touch others even when the rest of us don't. Without them, the world would be a much darker place. Cheers to movies like The Blind Side and shows like Extreme Makeover Home Edition for reminding us all about human goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment