Wow. I can't believe that it has been almost a month since I updated last. As cliched as it sounds, time has absolutely flown. I simultaneously feel like the days are slipping in a blur that I hardly have time to enjoy and like I can't make some things pass quickly enough. Maybe it's both, something like: the days are long but the weeks are short. Anyway, Fall Break has finally arrived and given me a much-needed chance to catch up on this and a hundred other things. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up and STAY caught up with this blog this time :).
Cheers:
1) This one really goes without saying, but cheers to Fall Break. Pumpkin picking, aimless golfcart rides, caramel apples, family, puppies...it's a little bit of heaven after all of the insanity of school. If only I could bottle all of this up and save it for a rainy day. Now that would be perfect.
2) Cheers to Glee. I might sound like a total gleek, but if you aren't watching it, you're seriously missing out on one of the best shows on television. It has the perfect balance of humor and gravity--no episode ever seems to go too far in one direction--and the characters are some of the best portrayals of high school students that I have ever seen. So do me a favor, lovely followers, and find a way to watch it this week. I promise you won't regret it.
3) Cheers to Hulu.com for being the only way that I can keep up with any television at all. If I had to find a way to balance my life with a television schedule, I'd be completely culturally illeterate. And that's a tragedy. My biggest worries now are figuring out what I'm watching first and trying to figure out what people did before the internet and/TiVo...ok, well not really, but you get the picture.
4) Cheers to Georgia Tech for winning today. Happy Homecoming, Jackets!! I wish I could have been there!
5) Cheers to the Berry College English and Government departments for forcing me to learn to write papers at warp speed. I sincerely appreciate my ability to clear 5 pages in two hours, especially when there are things I would MUCH rather be doing over my break.
Jeers:
1) Jeers to my professors for assigning me roughly 100 pages of papers due in the next week and a half. I appreciate your concern for my grade, but I think I could do without having to worry about how to finish all of my work over the four days I get to spend with my family. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there's some kind of conspiracy going on here...
2) Jeers to the Freshman who decided that wearing pajamas and slippers to class is somehow remotely acceptable. I know that your parents and older friends have probably regaled you with stories of their own nightwear on campus experiences, but let me be the first to remind you that there is a HUGE difference between sweatpants and flannel pajamas in terms of appropriateness. I appreciate your quest for comfort, but really, there are VERY few people I want to see in their pajamas. So please, do me, yourself, and all the rest of us upperclassmen a favor and throw on a pair of jeans before you stumble toward your first class. PLEASE.
3) Jeers to Tennessee for letting Georgia walk all over you. Seriously. Epic fail, guys.
4) Jeers to The Band Perry's song "If I Die Young" for being so darn catchy. Not only does it get stuck in my head for days EVERY time I hear it, but I also feel extremely morbid for wanting to sing along. So please, put out a happy song soon, for my mental health. Or at least, for my brain. The little hamster running on the wheel is getting a little annoyed with the same verse running through my head for hours at a time.
5) Jeers to real life for being at the other end of senior year. Not that I don't have hopes and dreams for you, but you're just coming too quickly. Please slow down? Just for a little while?
Have a good week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment