Sunday, August 1, 2010

Late Friday Five--Again

Okay, this whole missing my self-imposed deadlines thing needs to stop. Hopefully getting back into my school craziness will help, although I imagine that almost anything is better than what I've been doing lately. At least this week I have a pretty good excuse: I spent all of yesterday--and I do mean ALL--in the airport trying to get to Denver for a good friend's dance recital. After almost ten hours in the airport and a frantic drive through a monsoon, we made it. But I didn't have any brain cells left. So, needless to say, this post should be an adventure for me and for you. Enjoy!

1) If we get to choose our heaven after we die, I'm pretty sure mine will look something like Breckinridge, CO. Between the beautiful wildflowers, energetic people, and perfect skiing in the winter, it has a little bit of everything all year round. Not to mention the fact that phone and internet service is sketchy, meaning I'm currently writing this off of a hijacked connection and I have no idea if it'll last long enough for me to finish. Nothing like a time limit to add a little adventure to blogging.

2) The only thing I would change about Breck is something that is more my problem than anything: the crazy-intense Sun. Granted, if it is at all sunny within twenty miles of me I burn no matter where I am, but having a bright red face after hiking a shady trail for two hours is no fun. Hopefully it'll fade before all of the pics from this trip immortalize my paleness.

3) One of the few perks of sitting around the airport for hours on end is that you have all kinds of time to do things like make Genius playlists on your iPod. Being the dork that I am, I'm pretty sure that I stumbled upon my study playlist for the next month or so. I won't bore you with the whole list of songs, but I think anyone who likes acoustic guitar will love the song that it's based on: "One Day" by Jack Savoretti. Buy it. Listen to it. Love it like I do.

4) Given that the Bachelorette season finale is tomorrow night, I feel like I should immortalize my bad reality tv addiction one more time before the season is over. The episode in Tahiti left no doubt in my mind that Frank is exceedingly selfish and that Ali was better off not ending up with him, and while I think Chris is probably the most genuine contestant to be on the show EVER, I'll be throughly disappointed if she chooses him. She and Roberto have better chemistry and are more natural around each other, end of story. And end of rant. Almost. TEAM Roberto!

5) I got an email from a kinesiology professor about a project that she is trying to get funding for from Pepsi's Refresh Everything project. Essentially, she also works at a school for disabled children that is trying to build a playground that is fun and accessible for both disabled and non-disabled children. To find out more about the specific plans for the project/to vote for it, visit: http://www.refresheverything.com/mchenryprimary. I promise you won't regret it!



Have a fabulous Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment