So, in the spirit of full disclosure--and as a means of (hopefully) peaking someone's interest--I give you a slightly abbreviated version of the original:
Eighteen Things About Me
1) Kimsey Beck is not my real name. I mention this for the sole purpose of explaining a very important feature of this blog: no one--and I mean NO ONE--mentioned here will ever be referred to by their real name or initials. This is to protect both them from embarrassment and myself from their wrath. Not that I plan on incurring anyone's wrath, of course, but you just can't be too careful.
2) I danced Ballet in a pre-professional company for thirteen years of my life. It's still a huge part of how I view myself, even though I haven't stepped foot in a studio in three years and have no intention of ever doing so again. Something about that life never quite leaves you, which is both good and bad.
3) When I was a little girl, I watched Disney's Cinderella every day for two years. I honestly thought that I was Cinderella and consequently gave everyone in my family a nickname from the film. My little sister has yet to fully forgive me for gifting her with Gus after the fat mouse. It's not my fault it suited her at the time ;).
4) Sue Sylvester is by far my favorite character on television at the moment. Sadly, Miranda Bailey, who remains a close second, just hasn't had the same spunk in the last few seasons of Grey's.
5) I've visited all but three countries that comprise the United Kingdom: Scotland, South Africa, and the Bahamas.
6) I'm a crier. I cry when I'm happy, sad, angry, tired, stressed, while watching movies, and after finishing books. If you can finish the 7th Harry Potter book without at least welling up, you have no soul. Or at least no abiding passion for that series.
7) The title of this blog stems from three things that I think describe my personality: my favorite color, a fabric that is decidedly preppy (I'm a die-hard Ralph Lauren fan, if that gives you any idea of my style), and my favorite drink at Starbucks.
8) I am a Starbucks addict. Literally. Between my mother and I, my family should own significant stock in the company.
9) My least favorite holiday is Valentines Day, followed closely by New Years Eve.
10) The fastest way to tick me off is to be intentionally arrogant or carry yourself as though you are better than me or the people around me. Feel free to disagree with what I'm saying--I LOVE intelligent debate--just be respectful about it. Thanks :).
11) When sufficiently embarrassed, I can blush from my feet to the top of my head. Unfortunately, it's happened more than once.
12) My ultimate goal is to be able to support myself entirely through my writing. In the meantime, I'm trying to find ways to marry my passion with something that pays a salary. Harder than it sounds, but intriguing none the less.
13) My sister is 100 the opposite of me, but she is absolutely my best friend. I think of her as my twin more often than as my younger sibling.
14) I have one year left of undergraduate classes, and one of the things I am most looking forward to after graduation is decorating an apartment.
15) Everyone in my family is an amazing cook except for me. Apparently I missed those genes.
16) I have an extensive quote collection. It's the first occupational hazard of a writer I have stumbled upon. Hopefully I don't become too eccentric... :/.
17) One of my favorite quotes is from Lilo and Stitch. The weird thing is that I actually really disliked that film. If this confuses you, you're in good company.
18) I'm a true Southern Belle and couldn't be more proud of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment